A delicious classic you can hardly ever go wrong with.
- Flour 2 cups 500 ml
- White granulated sugar 1 cup 250 ml
- Baking powder 1 tbsp 15 ml
- Salt ½ tsp 2.5 ml
- Butter, melted ½ cup 115 g
- Eggs, beaten 2
- Milk 1 cup 250 ml
- Vanilla 1½ tsp 7.5 ml
- Chocolate chips 1 cup 250 ml
(optional for topping)
- Coarse / large grain sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Grease your muffin molds.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until everything is just combined. Don’t over-mix it though, a lumpy batter is good.
- Pour the batter into your muffin molds and sprinkle some large grain sugar over it for a sweet crunchy top (optional).
Want this topping, but only have regular sugar? It doesn’t work as well, but you can do something similar as long as you sprinkle enough sugar to make a bit of a coating on top of the batter. The muffin might be a bit messier due to the crust breaking when you bite into it, but it’ll still be mighty tasty!
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with no more than a few crumbs on it.
Makes about 12 muffins. Served hot or cold, these will always be a success unless your friends dislike chocolate. In which case you probably need new friends, not a new recipe.