These are not only yummy, but vegan too! You can easily give them to a vegan-a-phobe (so long as they eat coconut) by saying “they are coconut and delicious!” They are tasty without being iced but technically speaking they are muffins when they aren’t ;). They are super moist and stay that way for a few days. Don’t be afraid try vegan baking this recipe is still sweet and doesn’t have anything all that health food like in it.
What you need…
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 can coconut milk (389 ml or 13-14 oz)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- At least 1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix sugar oil and coconut milk (like you would with butter and sugar only it’s runnier)
- Add flour baking soda and powder
- Slowly add flour and mix until smooth
- Stir in coconut (don’t be skimpy it’s the best part!)
- Cook at 350 half an hour to forty five minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Let cool and ice with your favourite icing, adding some coconut on top for presentation
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes or one good sized cake but because of the can of coconut milk it’s hard to half it, so be aware it makes a lot.