What’s better than chocolate? Only more chocolate, obviously. Whether you’re a fan of the white or the dark stuff, these will satisfy your needs. 🙂
- Flour 1 cup 250 ml
- Cocoa powder ¾ cup 185 ml
- Baking powder ¼ tsp 1.25 ml
- Butter, at room temperature ¾ cup 170 g
- Brown sugar, packed 1 cup 250 ml
- Eggs, beaten 2
- Almond or butterscotch extract 1 tsp 5 ml
- White and/or dark chocolate chips1½ cups 375 ml
A pack of about 270g will do the trick. You could also do 50/50 chocolate chips and chopped nuts. 😉
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the batter on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Be careful not to burn these! Since the batter is so dark it’s hard to tell. You might worry about the cookies being a little soft and maybe parts still being raw – don’t. At that temperature, you’re killing any bacteria and there’s nothing to worry about. The key to good cookies is that they give a little when you touch them. They’ll harden as they cool.
Makes about 24 cookies.