Light with just a touch of sweetness and quick to make. The ideal muffin when you’re in need a of a small smackerel in a pinch.
- Flour 2 cups 500 ml
- White granulated sugar ¾ cup 175 ml
- Baking Powder 1 tbsp 15 ml
- Salt ½ tsp 2.5 ml
- Egg, beaten 1
- Milk 1 cup 250 ml
- Butter, melted ¹⁄3 cup 75 g
- Honey (aka HUИNY) ¼ cup 60 ml
Additional ingredients for spice variant (optional)
Add these when mixing your dry ingredients for a spice-filled alternative. The flavour becomes a bit like spiced caramel.
- Cinnamon 1 tbsp 15 ml
- Ginger 1 tsp 5 ml
- Allspice 1 tsp 5 ml
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- Grease your muffin molds.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until everything is just combined. Don’t over-mix it though, a lumpy batter is good.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with no more than a few crumbs on it.
Makes about 12 muffins. These are actually a little better once they’ve cooled down. It’s almost as if they’re a little sweeter when they’re about room temperature. These are great on their own or served with a bit of vanilla ice cream.
Keep out of reach of silly old bears. 😉