- Butter, at room temperature ½ cup 115 g
- Salt 1 pinch
- Powdered confectioner’s sugar 1¾ cups 450 ml
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp 5 ml
- Strawberries, puréed 1½ tbsp 25 ml
(made from about ¼ cup / 65 ml of strawberries)
- Cream together the butter and salt.
- Add the sugar gradually until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and strawberry purée.
- Beat on your mixer’s low speed for 1-2 minutes or until dense and creamy, like ice cream.
I hate the mess my mixer makes when making frosting – the sugar flies everywhere and I feel like I get more in the kitchen than in the frosting. If you’re like me, you can do steps 1 and 2 by hand with a fork. When you take out your mixer for steps 3 and 4, everything’s already combined and you’re just smoothing it out – no mess!
Spread this on your cake of choice, just make sure it’s completely cooled down first or the frosting will melt – and that really ruins the flavor of this frosting. This recipe yields enough frosting for any of my cake or muffin recipes on this site, but if you want to make a layered cake, you should probably double up on your frosting.